How to make custom Hearthstone cards #1
Creating a custom Hearthstone card is quite a complicated task for beginners. So today I will teach you how to make unique cards in Hearthcards and post them on reddit.
Before that, it's worth highlighting a couple of basic rules when creating cards.
1. Use only Hearthcards.net (The only site with a competent editor.)
2. Consult your card balance on the official website https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/cards
3. Don't get upset when faced with criticism. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are not competent.
Let's get
acquainted with the site where we will be spending most of our time -
Hearthcards. It creates 99% of Hearthstone's custom cards in 2022. Well, it is
clear why, the highest quality templates and maximum aspiration to copy the
style of Blizzard. But in order to do anything, we need a ready-made idea that
will interest the audience. And to get some inspiration, I suggest you look at
existing cards and use a bit of imagination.
Oh, look, I
have an idea. How about making a card for a warrior that helps self-damage
archetype. To do this, let's go back to Hearthcards for a moment.
You can select what you need. For example, for my idea we need a spell. Click on the button with the same name and choose a Class.
Okay, let's now insert the text and recycle it.
Great,
looks good, but something seems to be missing. That's right, we're missing a
title and an image. You can search for the image on the Internet (Google), but
I recommend using the official Custom Hearthstone Reddit discord and finding
the art gallery there. As for the name, use a card library, and try to make
unique names from them.
We get links to our image, and we can also post this card to the Hearthcards gallery. Please do some practice before attempting to do this. Now you have a basiŃ rules to work with. In the next episode, I'll tell you how and where to post this card on Reddit.
I've been thinking about making my own cards for a long time. Thanks for the comprehensive guide!
(´・(oo)・`)